Getting Data In

Need input stanza for a shared drive

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have a following path which is located in a shared drive so how should i need to write the inputs.conf (monitor stanza)..

i.e
index=xyz
sourcetype=abc

So the full path for the log file folder would be:

M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path\

Here Local folder is a shared drive in between. So kindly help to provide the inputs.conf for the file.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Have you tried M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path\ in monitor stanza in inputs.conf ? If yes then is it not working ?

0 Karma

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

I have already tried the way which you have suggested but still logs were not getting ingested into Splunk. And also currently I have tried this one as well. Since the folder "Local" is a shared one but still its not working.

[monitor://\M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path]

Hence kindly help

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Ok, I never tried this before but can you please run net use on command prompt on windows server and try to use Remote path in your monitor stanza ?

Have a look at comment by gkanapathy on https://answers.splunk.com/answers/1730/windows-mapped-drive-and-light-forwarding.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...