Getting Data In

Need input stanza for a shared drive

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

Hi Team,

I have a following path which is located in a shared drive so how should i need to write the inputs.conf (monitor stanza)..

i.e
index=xyz
sourcetype=abc

So the full path for the log file folder would be:

M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path\

Here Local folder is a shared drive in between. So kindly help to provide the inputs.conf for the file.

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Hi,

Have you tried M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path\ in monitor stanza in inputs.conf ? If yes then is it not working ?

0 Karma

anandhalagarasa
Path Finder

I have already tried the way which you have suggested but still logs were not getting ingested into Splunk. And also currently I have tried this one as well. Since the folder "Local" is a shared one but still its not working.

[monitor://\M:\Local\orex\keen\Archive\Error_Path]

Hence kindly help

0 Karma

harsmarvania57
Ultra Champion

Ok, I never tried this before but can you please run net use on command prompt on windows server and try to use Remote path in your monitor stanza ?

Have a look at comment by gkanapathy on https://answers.splunk.com/answers/1730/windows-mapped-drive-and-light-forwarding.html

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...