Getting Data In

Indexer almost out of storage space

kmcconnell
Path Finder

I'm about to run out of room on one of our indexers. We have two indexers setup and we are doing distributed indexing. I had an additional 2TB drive added to the one indexer, but I’m wondering if we need to add an additional drive to the other indexer. My plan was to modify the indexes.conf and start sending the two largest indexes cold storage to the new drive (like below). I assume I would copy the “index_to_change\colddb” folder structure to the new drive also. If I’m missing something or going about this wrong, please let me know. I’m pretty new at Splunk and I’m still learning.

[volume:primary]
path = D:\splunkdata
maxVolumeDataSizeMB = 1990000

[volume:cold]
path = E:\splunkdata
maxVolumeDataSizeMB = 1990000

[index_to_change]
homePath = volume:primary/defaultdb/db
coldPath = volume:cold/defaultdb/colddb

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

_d_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That should work but it is advisable that all indexers (2 in your case) are configured identically.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

_d_
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

That should work but it is advisable that all indexers (2 in your case) are configured identically.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...