Getting Data In

How to search the total sum of numerical values from a field in my events and visualize results in a pie chart?

Ari_McEwing

Hello,

I am a new user to Splunk Light and I am having trouble with the visualization of event data. I have a .CSV sourcetype that does not have relevant time data, but has fields relating to total number of machines within certain security policies. I would like to find out the total sum of all machines found with my search and output the results in a pie chart. Is there a way to accumulate that information into a report for my dashboard?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

|inputcsv MyFile.csv | stats dc(MachineNameField) by SecurityPolicyField

Then click on the Visualization tab and select Pie.

0 Karma

gabriel_vasseur
Contributor

I don't know splunk light but I'd be surprised if it couldn't do what you want. The trouble is I'm not sure I understand what you want... Can you post some examples of data and explain again what you want to achieve?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...