Getting Data In

How to search the total sum of numerical values from a field in my events and visualize results in a pie chart?

Ari_McEwing

Hello,

I am a new user to Splunk Light and I am having trouble with the visualization of event data. I have a .CSV sourcetype that does not have relevant time data, but has fields relating to total number of machines within certain security policies. I would like to find out the total sum of all machines found with my search and output the results in a pie chart. Is there a way to accumulate that information into a report for my dashboard?

0 Karma

woodcock
Esteemed Legend

Like this:

|inputcsv MyFile.csv | stats dc(MachineNameField) by SecurityPolicyField

Then click on the Visualization tab and select Pie.

0 Karma

gabriel_vasseur
Contributor

I don't know splunk light but I'd be surprised if it couldn't do what you want. The trouble is I'm not sure I understand what you want... Can you post some examples of data and explain again what you want to achieve?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...