Getting Data In

How could i read a text file in splunk Universal Forwarder with a batch script in splunk Server ?

Afef
Communicator

Hello, i want to read a txt file in splunk Universal Forwarder with a batch script in splunk Server ?
could anyone help me please ?
Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

MuS
Legend

next try to answer.....

take a look at the docs about scripted inputs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/AdvancedDev/ScriptSetup this is also valid for the Splunk UF.

cheers, MuS

View solution in original post

MuS
Legend

next try to answer.....

take a look at the docs about scripted inputs http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/6.2.0/AdvancedDev/ScriptSetup this is also valid for the Splunk UF.

cheers, MuS

Afef
Communicator

Thank you 🙂

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

Why would you need a batch script for this? The Splunk UF can read a txt file directly.

0 Karma

Afef
Communicator

I developped a batch script that read .txt files and do some treatment to extract data and then monitor the script by splunk server.

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

do you see my answer? looks like it's lost in space 🙂

0 Karma

Afef
Communicator

i don't see your answer !
i see only " Why would you need a batch script for this? The Splunk UF can read a txt file directly. "

0 Karma

MuS
Legend

now this is spooky, where are all my comments and answers?!??

0 Karma

piebob
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

it's because you used the word 'magic'--it's auto-blocked due to stupid spammers 😕 (i had to remove it temporarily to be able to post this comment).

MuS
Legend

HeHe, the über-spam-fighter gets block by anti-spam rules 🙂

Afef
Communicator

i don't see any answer !

0 Karma

Afef
Communicator

I see only your comments ! could you put the answer as a comment please ?

0 Karma

lmyrefelt
Builder

Well .. i see them all and you are filling up my mailbox today!

0 Karma

lmyrefelt
Builder

ooh sorry, correction, just your comments

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...