Getting Data In

Duplicate Data In Sourcetype

jbender72
Path Finder

Hello,

I have two Domain Controllers that are producing a lot of data, pushing my daily usage over the limit.  I saw that sourcetype WinNetMon and Perfmon:process have the most duplicate logs in them.  How do I reduce the duplication before the indexing occurs saving me on my daily usage?

Thank You

Labels (4)
0 Karma
1 Solution

General_Talos
Path Finder

Effectively this is not possible to identify/remove duplicate data before indexing.

Since Perfmon:process is always noisy, would recommend to filter only relevant/required data.

View solution in original post

General_Talos
Path Finder

Effectively this is not possible to identify/remove duplicate data before indexing.

Since Perfmon:process is always noisy, would recommend to filter only relevant/required data.

jbender72
Path Finder

ok, thank you

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...