Getting Data In

Does splunk offer a Universal Forwarder compatible with HP Nonstop OSS environment ?

rchittip
Path Finder

Hi,
We have a couple of servers from HP NonStop OSS environment which is not 100% Unix. Instead, OSS is “Unix-like” where most Unix commands will work in OSS.

I have got a requirement to forward the HP NonStop OSS application logs to splunk.

I have gone through the documentation but couldn't find any details. Can this be achieved?

Thanks,
Ramu Chittiprolu

0 Karma

dhananjoyc

Install Syslog-NG and UF on a linux box.
Configure HP Nonstop Safeguard to ftp the logs to this linux box. Alternately, use Xypro Xygate MA.

0 Karma

brian_rampley
Path Finder

What is the base for the OSS environment? If it is linux-like, is it based on a linux kernel? If so, what version?

In case you can't get a UF on the box, the next best option is to gather syslog from your OSS servers using a syslog receiver and UF. If they are linux-based, they should provide some documentation detailing how to set up syslog on them. Gathering syslog using Splunk has been documented in multiple locations (one is provided below).

https://www.splunk.com/blog/2016/03/11/using-syslog-ng-with-splunk.html

0 Karma

tbegonja

<<What is the base for the OSS environment?>>

<<The OSS API conforms to the POSIX.1 and POSIX.2 standards, and partially conforms to the XPG4 specifications>> ... with extensions so that processes running under the OSS "personality" can more fully interoperate with processes running the native Guardian "personality", and vice versa.

---

(1) Open System Services Programmer’s Guide, HPE, 2020 https://support.hpe.com/hpesc/public/docDisplay?docLocale=en_US&docId=a00045522en_us

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...