Getting Data In

Do I need to reload a deployment server if I make an update to a deployment app for a universal forwarder to pick up the change?

splunkn
Communicator

Assume I have all my folders distributed to Universal Forwarders under Repository location of my Deployment server.

Team1 -- App A - Serverclass A
Team2 -- AppB - Serverclass B

If am going to change some conf under App A and leave it as such without reloading deploy server. I want to know if in the next upcoming phoneHomeInterval my updated App A is going to be picked up by my UF automatically. Does it really need reload? and if so, what is the exact purpose of reload or phoneHomeInterval?

Thanks

0 Karma
1 Solution

teunlaan
Contributor

ehh. No the UF won't pickup de change the next phoneHomeInterval.
If you don't reload the deployment-sever, it doesn't "know" the app has changed. (it has to genarate a new hash)

View solution in original post

0 Karma

teunlaan
Contributor

ehh. No the UF won't pickup de change the next phoneHomeInterval.
If you don't reload the deployment-sever, it doesn't "know" the app has changed. (it has to genarate a new hash)

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...