Getting Data In

Disable loading of splunk-regmon

Derek
Path Finder

Hi,

How can I stop the loading of splunk-regmon?

I'm getting these errors:

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunk-regmon.exe" --driver-path "C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin"" splunk-regmon - GetDriverHandle: Unable to install driver.

ERROR ExecProcessor - message from ""C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin\splunk-regmon.exe" --driver-path "C:\Program Files\Splunk\bin"" splunk-regmon - run_regmon: Failed to initialize Registry Monitor

I've tried to troubleshoot Antivirus etc but with no luck.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Derek,

If i remember correctly this is a bug that Splunk developers are working on. If memory serves right, this does not interfere with your daily splunk usage and performance and you should not worry about it

.gz

View solution in original post

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Derek,

If i remember correctly this is a bug that Splunk developers are working on. If memory serves right, this does not interfere with your daily splunk usage and performance and you should not worry about it

.gz

Derek
Path Finder

If you don't have access to Splunk Web then in inputs.conf (etc/system/local) add:

[script://$SPLUNK_HOME\bin\scripts\splunk-regmon.path]
disabled = 1

Genti
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

btw, you can still disable that if you would like to.
Just go to: manager > data inputs > script and disable the "splunk-regmon.path"
This way at least you wont be bothered by those msg's

0 Karma

Derek
Path Finder

Thanks for the info. I've only noticed this happen on one machine out of many so far. Is this a bug in 4.1.x?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...