Getting Data In

Changing IP Address Splunk App for VMWare 3.1

jpsquires

I need to change the IP address and passwords for the splunk app for vmware 3.1. The documentation does not describe how to change the address, and the command for changing password is not correct. I also need to change the root password.

Anyone done this before?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

jpsquires

I was able to change the IP of the Cent OS. It seems there are centOS usernames and Splunk usernames. I was able to change the root password for cent from the command prompt using passwd and following the prompts. I can then change the splunkadmin password same way. Using the command in the documentation I could change the admin password for splunk.. All that being said I still can not connect to the app and it seems that there may be another place the network settings may need to be changed. Documnetation is not very clear.

0 Karma

jacuesta

I'm running into this same issue. I was able to figure out how to change the IP address by running this command:

sudo vi /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0
Press i to "insert"
Change BOOTPROTO=dhcp to static instead of dhcp
Add the following lines:
IPADDR=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
NETMASK=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
GATEWAY=XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX

Save the file by entering :wq!
Reboot the appliance (you can probably restart the network daemon too).

I tried updating the /etc/resolve.conf to add my name resolution servers, but even after adding, name resolotion does not work.

As far as changing the password, I have not been able to do that. In the documentation it says you would be prompted, but I was not prompted to change the password. I tried changing it with the the following command but it doesn't seem to work either: splunk edit user admin -password 'newpassword' -role admin -auth admin:changeme

I'm subscribing to this thread in the hopes someone can shed some light for us.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...