Getting Data In

Can you store data to Splunk without indexing?

Anmar0293
Path Finder

I have data coming from MemSQL. Everything is fine with indexing, but I thought would it be possible to store data without indexing.
If so, how that could be done? Suggestions?

0 Karma

skoelpin
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

No, it's not.. Splunk's licensing model is based off index volume per day. If you could onboard data without indexing it, then it would upend Splunk's licensing model

0 Karma

afurrowgtri
Explorer

You can use DBconnect (which I assume you're already using to index the data) to write your queries inline, then simply output to a lookup or KV store (read from that with inputlookup).

https://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/DBX/3.1.3/DeployDBX/Commands

| dbxquery query="SELECT list,of,desired,columns,here FROM tableName" connection="YourMemSQLConnectionName" maxrows=100
| outputlookup memSQLQuery.csv

Then

| inputlookup memSQLQuery.csv
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...