Getting Data In

Can I see if a network interface is left ON?

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I have an Enclave server that already forwards logs to my indexer. We installed a network interface that should remain turned off unless we are upgrading/patching the server. Is there a way to see if the Network interface was left ON?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If the state of the network interface is in Splunk, then you can search for it to see if it's on or not.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.
0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

How can I see if the state of the network interface is in splunk? What would I be searching for?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I have to defer to a local data expert (hopefully, that's you). Try searching for the interface name.

---
0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

I am seeing the perfmon interface logs but not from all the hosts only some.

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

If you see the network interface for the Enclave server then you should be all set. Otherwise, you have some onboarding or troubleshooting to do.

---
0 Karma

splunktrainingu
Communicator

Looks like I have a lot of onboarding to do I am able to see my forwarders but I am not getting logs for some of the devices.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...