Feedback
Got feedback? We want it! Submit your comments and suggestions for our community here.

Post flooding detected issue

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi Community Admins,

Hope you might also faced this issue i think... recent times, in last one week, around 5 times, I faced this issue.

Though i am not doing the post flooding.

Post flooding detected (community received posts of a unique message more than 1 times within 3,600 seconds)

Any ideas, suggestions, feedbacks please.. 

Best Regards,

Sekar

vegetable_dog
Observer

i want to select param_id - referer per
i use:
 "index=index_name_1|dedup user_id|top limit=2 referer by param_id|search param_id=111"
result shows
referer count
A   100
B    88

i use to check:
 “index=index_name_1 AND param_id=111|dedup user_id
result shows
referer count
A          122

B             97

why??

0 Karma

vegetable_dog
Observer

i can not post is to "ASK a QUESTION"

plz plz ,help me!!

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @brwalker_ .. as per your DM, i have sent the email with the post in question and my reply contant, thanks.

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Hi @brwalker_ 
Today i faced PFI on this post(you may be able to see my response from the "auto-saved" response of mine):

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Installation/fresh-install-not-responsive/m-p/531413#M6959

Best Regards,

Sekar

0 Karma

brwalker_
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hello @inventsekar 

Could you private message me the text you are trying to post? 

Thanks

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

i tried to send you the PM, but, it gives me, the strange - "You have reached the limit for number of private messages that you can send for now. Please try again later."

i have added you as friend and sent the PM again, but still the problem persists. 

ok, all i was doing was to reply to the post:

https://community.splunk.com/t5/Splunk-Enterprise/Large-CSV-ingest/m-p/531010#M4295

this post is, luckily, having my answer in the "auto-saved" option. 

i was just posting answer from Splunk documentation, the docs link, nothing more.

Thanks for looking into this issue, @brwalker_ . 

Best Regards, 

Sekar

0 Karma

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

sooo, an user try to flood, his post will be given this warning for 3600 seconds - 1 hour. 

after 1 hr, that user should be able to post the same content or will it be still a post flooding issue?

even after 2 days, even after editing my content, "community" gives me the warning of post flooding ! strange!... i would like to speak to the developer and understand his concepts!

may i tag @bjennewein please.. 

post-flooding2.png

bjennewein
Retired

Hi Sekar! Tagging our tech guru, @brwalker_ ! Also @ppablo ! They should be able to help. Stay tuned!

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

6 hrs ago, for this same post, i faced this issue and i created this post..

now, after 6 hrs, the issue "still stands true".

and, for @richgalloway 's reference, i have modified the 2 lines and tried to post again, still the issue. 

post-flooding.pngpost-flooding1.png

"gods must be crazy", then. 

Best Regards,

Sekar

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

I've seen that on occasion.  I think it's a momentary glitch in the site's servers.  The quick workaround is to modify the posting (changing a single character is enough) and submit again.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

inventsekar
Ultra Champion

Actually, @richgalloway , i did try that option. I edited around a line or two, submitted and still faced the same issue. 

As we are all "matured" enough not to do post flooding, i think, this feature can be turned off. 

Or...

The active members or id's with good/decent badges should be given to "hold" a user if s/he is flooding, manually.

This featured increased my blood pressure around 10/15 times in this last one week. seriously. Thanks for some thoughts. 

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust
That same has happened also to me a couple of times.
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...