Deployment Architecture

Splunk Java SDK, load balancing on indexers when sending events from SDK

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I am creating a java program using SPlunk SDK which takes a string data from a application source and pass it to a specific index in the Splunk Indexer. However, I have 2 Indexers configured for load balancing. I know that if I would have been using forwarders to send data to Splunk Indexer, it would be sent in a load balancing manner.

Will sending data from SDK (where we mention the Splunk host name and port explicitly), we would be able to achieve the same??

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Thanks. This helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

NEW! Log Views in Splunk Observability Dashboards Gives Context From a Single Page

Today, Splunk Observability releases log views, a new feature for users to add their logs data from Splunk Log ...

Last Chance to Submit Your Paper For BSides Splunk - Deadline is August 12th!

Hello everyone! Don't wait to submit - The deadline is August 12th! We have truly missed the community so ...

Ready, Set, SOAR: How Utility Apps Can Up Level Your Playbooks!

WATCH NOW Powering your capabilities has never been so easy with ready-made Splunk® SOAR Utility Apps. Parse ...