Deployment Architecture

Splunk Java SDK, load balancing on indexers when sending events from SDK

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I am creating a java program using SPlunk SDK which takes a string data from a application source and pass it to a specific index in the Splunk Indexer. However, I have 2 Indexers configured for load balancing. I know that if I would have been using forwarders to send data to Splunk Indexer, it would be sent in a load balancing manner.

Will sending data from SDK (where we mention the Splunk host name and port explicitly), we would be able to achieve the same??

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Thanks. This helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...