Deployment Architecture

Splunk Java SDK, load balancing on indexers when sending events from SDK

somesoni2
Revered Legend

I am creating a java program using SPlunk SDK which takes a string data from a application source and pass it to a specific index in the Splunk Indexer. However, I have 2 Indexers configured for load balancing. I know that if I would have been using forwarders to send data to Splunk Indexer, it would be sent in a load balancing manner.

Will sending data from SDK (where we mention the Splunk host name and port explicitly), we would be able to achieve the same??

0 Karma
1 Solution

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Damien_Dallimor
Ultra Champion

No it won't be load balanced unless you programmatically implement the load balancing logic yourself in your code ie: at the very simplest level , instantiate 2 Service objects and round robin over them. Of course, you can also implement more intelligent LB algorithms.

0 Karma

somesoni2
Revered Legend

Thanks. This helps.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...