Deployment Architecture

Help configuring Splunk Mobile Access Server, no session key available??

markliam10
Explorer

Hi Team,
Need some help as I followed these steps .

When I try to configure the mobile server using these instructions:
Configure a connection to Splunk Enterprise
On the Splunk Mobile Access Server, open a browser window and enter https://, where host is the name or the IP address of your server . The Splunk Mobile Access Setup Configuration page opens on https default port 443.

I get this error.

2014-07-30T10:14:47.848+00:00 - info: category=server_initialization_setup_splunk, worker=2
2014-07-30T10:14:47.895+00:00 - error: No session key available worker=2
2014-07-30T10:14:48.371+00:00 - info: category=server_initialization_setup_splunk, worker=2
2014-07-30T10:14:48.419+00:00 - error: No session key available worker=2

Thanks in advance.

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the confirmation, Mark.

We will enhance the setup UI to check the Splunk Enterprise version and show warning dialog as early as possible.
BTW, do you set the Splunk Enterprise host/account via web UI or via config file directly? I assume you are using the web UI. Just need double check it.

• Jove

View solution in original post

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for the confirmation, Mark.

We will enhance the setup UI to check the Splunk Enterprise version and show warning dialog as early as possible.
BTW, do you set the Splunk Enterprise host/account via web UI or via config file directly? I assume you are using the web UI. Just need double check it.

• Jove

markliam10
Explorer

Hi Jzhong,
I Used WebUI. I was also able to deploy Splunk6 and tested that MAS working.

0 Karma

markliam10
Explorer

hi Jzhong,
You are right on the money. We are still using 4.3.3 i will try to upgrade it first. Thanks for the quick response.

Mark

0 Karma

jzhong_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks for trying the Mobile Access Server. What's the version of Splunk Enterprise? We only support v5 and above.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...