Deployment Architecture

Deployment server errors - 6.2

LiquidTension
Path Finder

After a recent upgrade to 6.2 I have been getting this error when attempting to apply some changes via the deployment server.

splunk reload deploy-server

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 1287, in
sys.exit(main(sys.argv))
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python2.7/site-packages/splunk/clilib/cli.py", line 1232, in main
logger.error('\n'.join(e.args))
TypeError: sequence item 0: expected string, list found

A restart of splunk on my deployment server solves the problem for a day or 2, but the issue reoccurs. Is anybody experiencing similar issues?

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ddrillic
Ultra Champion

Any idea what this is, by any chance?

Just came across this error on my Splunk 6.4.1 (build debde650d26e) instance.

0 Karma

LiquidTension
Path Finder

Unfortunately not. We have been taking the easy way out and just issuing a splunk restart on the deployment server when this happens.

0 Karma

trishmad
Explorer

I am receving the same errorr and also just upgraded to 6.2. Did you ever resolve?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...