< param name="display">False

< module name="HiddenChartFormatter">

< param name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked

< param name="charting.chart">bar

< module name="JSChart">

< option name="charting.scaleX">1

< param name="width">100%

< module name="Gimp"/>

The chart is still JSChart and it wont change it to FlashChart.
I want to switch it because JSChart truncates my results also It wont allow me to do bar color change for each series. Please Help

0 Karma
1 Solution

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It might be truncating your results because your data set is large; see About JSChart in the Splunk Data VIsualizations manual, which states:

You can override the truncation limit for charts rendered with JSChart by changing the value of the charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit property on a per-chart basis. Note that this property is only available for panels rendered with JSChart. Also, be aware that increasing this truncation limit can have a negative effect on dashboard performance.

View solution in original post

Builder

I would try the other method given by ChrisG first as JS is more efficient but changing the line
<module name="JSChart"> to <module name="FlashChart"> will make the panel render using flash. I also can't guarantee all the param's work identically but they should be close.

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks, BobM...I clear forgot to mention that...too focused on the truncation! 🙂 The Custom chart configuration reference in the Splunk Data Visualizations manual shows which properties are supported by JSChart: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/Viz/CustomChartingConfig-ChartLegend.

0 Karma

Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It might be truncating your results because your data set is large; see About JSChart in the Splunk Data VIsualizations manual, which states:

You can override the truncation limit for charts rendered with JSChart by changing the value of the charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit property on a per-chart basis. Note that this property is only available for panels rendered with JSChart. Also, be aware that increasing this truncation limit can have a negative effect on dashboard performance.

View solution in original post

Explorer

yup adjusting the truncation limit fixed the issue

0 Karma