< param name="display">False

< module name="HiddenChartFormatter">

< param name="charting.chart.stackMode">stacked

< param name="charting.chart">bar

< module name="JSChart">

< option name="charting.scaleX">1

< param name="width">100%

< module name="Gimp"/>

The chart is still JSChart and it wont change it to FlashChart.
I want to switch it because JSChart truncates my results also It wont allow me to do bar color change for each series. Please Help

0 Karma
1 Solution

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It might be truncating your results because your data set is large; see About JSChart in the Splunk Data VIsualizations manual, which states:

You can override the truncation limit for charts rendered with JSChart by changing the value of the charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit property on a per-chart basis. Note that this property is only available for panels rendered with JSChart. Also, be aware that increasing this truncation limit can have a negative effect on dashboard performance.

View solution in original post

BobM
Builder

I would try the other method given by ChrisG first as JS is more efficient but changing the line
<module name="JSChart"> to <module name="FlashChart"> will make the panel render using flash. I also can't guarantee all the param's work identically but they should be close.

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Thanks, BobM...I clear forgot to mention that...too focused on the truncation! 🙂 The Custom chart configuration reference in the Splunk Data Visualizations manual shows which properties are supported by JSChart: http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/Splunk/5.0.2/Viz/CustomChartingConfig-ChartLegend.

0 Karma

ChrisG
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It might be truncating your results because your data set is large; see About JSChart in the Splunk Data VIsualizations manual, which states:

You can override the truncation limit for charts rendered with JSChart by changing the value of the charting.chart.resultTruncationLimit property on a per-chart basis. Note that this property is only available for panels rendered with JSChart. Also, be aware that increasing this truncation limit can have a negative effect on dashboard performance.

testAnalysis
Explorer

yup adjusting the truncation limit fixed the issue

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...

Routing logs with Splunk OTel Collector for Kubernetes

The Splunk Distribution of the OpenTelemetry (OTel) Collector is a product that provides a way to ingest ...