Dashboards & Visualizations

Visualization color issue

carlyleadmin
Contributor

Hi All,

First of all the version of the splunk we have in our environment is as follows;

Splunk Version
Splunk Build

i do have a single line single number visualization dashborad.the problem is when i run them indivually i get the color coding but when it is on saved dashboard,coloring does not work

alt text

here are my queries for both searches;

1) failed diu

Message="failed to execute"|search Message >0 |stats count(eval(Message="failed to execute")) AS "Failed DIU" |eval Value = 500| rangemap field=Value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none

and i get the set color of red when i click on visualiztion(red)

2) successful diu
Message="was executed successfully"|search Message >0|stats count(eval(Message="was executed successfully")) AS "Successful DIU" |eval Value = 0| rangemap field=Value none=0-99 low=100-199 guarded=200-299 elevated=300-399 high=400-499 severe=500-599 default=none

and i get the set color of black when i click on visualiztion

any idea why the colors do not work when saved as one dashboard.

here is my source code as well if that helps

alt text

i have a test environment which the latest version of splunk is installed and all works as expected,but with different version i don't even have the UI option that i have on the latest version for coloring is not presented in 6.2 version

Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For 6.2.0, try adding this to the options for both panels

<option name="classField">range</option>
Happy Splunking!

View solution in original post

0 Karma

renjith_nair
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

For 6.2.0, try adding this to the options for both panels

<option name="classField">range</option>
Happy Splunking!
0 Karma

carlyleadmin
Contributor

That did it.Thank you Renjith

0 Karma

p_gurav
Champion

You can refer this app:
https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/1603/

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...