Dashboards & Visualizations

Splunk dashboard carousel

ejmindanao
Explorer

Hi Splunkers,

Does anyone created a carousel dashboard in which a certain group of panels in one slide then another group of panels in another slide. I've been researching this thing in a week and unfortunately I found 2 results which I found not compatible to what I am looking for. The first one is https://splunkbase.splunk.com/app/4342/ from splunkbase which has the carousel visualization but only works in single value visualization. The other one was https://www.splunk.com/en_us/blog/tips-and-tricks/animate-simplexml-dashboard-elements-with-a-carous... a jquery library animation in which consumes a lot of spaces in a dashboard and only works on a single panel. I hope you guys help me for this. Thank you.

Labels (3)

dcondliffe
Engager

Don't know if this will help you out at all... but this is how I have used the carousel viz...

<row id="showcase">
<panel>
<html>
<center><h1><a href="/app/Your_Apps/Home_Page_Template" font-size="100px">Infrastructure</a></h1></center><br /><br />

<center><i class="icon-settings" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-distributed-environment" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i><p></p><i class="icon-data-input" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-activity" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i></center>

</html>
</panel>
<panel>
<html>
<center><h1><a href="/app/Your_Apps/custom_core_services_template" font-size="100px">Core Services</a></h1></center><br /><br />
<center><i class="icon-menu" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-chart-column" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i><p></p><i class="icon-external" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i></center>

</html>
</panel>
<panel>
<html>
<center><h1><a href="/app/Your_Apps/custom_shared_services_template" font-size="100px">Shared Services</a></h1></center><br /><br />
<center><i class="icon-data" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-mail" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i><p></p><i class="icon-lock" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i></center>

</html>
</panel>
<panel>
<html>
<center><h1><a href="/app/Your_Apps/custom_business_metrics_template" font-size="100px">Business Metrics</a></h1></center><br /><br />
<center><i class="icon-chart-bar" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-gauge-radial" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i><p></p><i class="icon-bar-beside" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i></center>

</html>
</panel>
<panel>
<html>
<center><h1><a href="/app/Your_Apps/custom_transaction_template" font-size="100px">Transaction Tracing</a></h1></center><br /><br />
<center><i class="icon-search" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i>&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;&#160;<i class="icon-warning-sign" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i><p></p><i class="icon-gear" style="font-size:48px; color: #5CC05C"></i></center>

</html>
</panel>
</row>

0 Karma

ejmindanao
Explorer

I see your point and I already have a test of it @dcondliffe but as much as possible the results needs to be no human interaction or clickable panels like the one that you did by redirecting it to another dashboard but anyway thanks for your input I might use it as a reference to create another possible use cases.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Announcing Scheduled Export GA for Dashboard Studio

We're excited to announce the general availability of Scheduled Export for Dashboard Studio. Starting in ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics GA in US-AWS!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...