Dashboards & Visualizations

Not getting all users for splunk Usage Query

aditsss
Motivator

Hi All, I have used below query to check the usage of the dashboards. But I am not able to get all the users. Can someone guide me on that.

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access Infrastructure NOT splunkd user!="-" | rex field=uri "^/[^/]+/app/(?[^/]+)/(?[^?/\s]+)" | search NOT dashboard IN (alert alerts dashboards dataset datasets data_lab home lookup_edit reports report search splunk) | stats count by app dashboard user

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure what the infrastructure part is doing in your search but this works for me

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access NOT splunkd user!="-" | rex field=uri "^/[^/]+/app/(?<app>[^/]+)/(?<dashboard>[^?/\s]+)" | search NOT dashboard IN (alert alerts dashboards dataset datasets data_lab home lookup_edit reports report search splunk) | stats count by app dashboard user

How do you know some users are missing? Is there something different about the events for these users? 

View solution in original post

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Not sure what the infrastructure part is doing in your search but this works for me

index=_internal sourcetype=splunkd_ui_access NOT splunkd user!="-" | rex field=uri "^/[^/]+/app/(?<app>[^/]+)/(?<dashboard>[^?/\s]+)" | search NOT dashboard IN (alert alerts dashboards dataset datasets data_lab home lookup_edit reports report search splunk) | stats count by app dashboard user

How do you know some users are missing? Is there something different about the events for these users? 

aditsss
Motivator

@ITWhisperer 

Infrastructure is my app name where dashboards are there . Also there are some users which visits the dashboards but whose name are not there.

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Are the same users always missing? Are the events completely missing or just the user being set to "-"?

0 Karma

aditsss
Motivator

Users are missing. I am not getting the name of all the users.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...

Introducing Splunk Enterprise 9.2

WATCH HERE! Watch this Tech Talk to learn about the latest features and enhancements shipped in the new Splunk ...