Dashboards & Visualizations

Latest time in time picker only allows 'now'

damickel
Explorer

I am trying to create a dashboard for users that need to be able to set a time/date range manually. But in the time picker that is created by default in the dashboard, the latest_time is always 'now'. The only way around this is to use the presets or the advanced options, but I can't expect users to work out the necessary times in the advanced. 

I've tried looking through the documentation and forums, but not finding anything yet that indicates how to get around this. Anyone have a way to get around this?

time_picker_default_now.png

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @damickel ,

There is an option to set the time range manually if you change the status from Since to between in the time range pickker.

Vardhan_0-1616209859931.png

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Vardhan
Contributor

Hi @damickel ,

There is an option to set the time range manually if you change the status from Since to between in the time range pickker.

Vardhan_0-1616209859931.png

0 Karma

damickel
Explorer

Thanks! I think I was looking to hard and missed the obvious. Is there any way to set 'Between' as the default behavior? It seems like it is that way outside of Dashboards.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...