Dashboards & Visualizations

How to prevent getting an error using brackets < > in a regular expression while creating a dashboard view in XML?

lksridhar
Explorer

I am using a regular expression to filter results for a drop-down created for a dashboard. I'm using xml to develop the dashboard and it seems values under this bracket < > are not allowed for use in xml. While saving the xml, I'm getting the following pop up:

"Encountered the following error while trying to update: In handler "views" error parsing xml on line 140: Premature end of data in tag view line 1"

Please suggest if any other way I can achieve below and provide me some example.

<param name="search"> index=web="/a/b/c/d/resolvetransactionservices.log" TransactionSearchController OR TransactionSearchDelegateImpl | transaction startswith="Entered Search Transaction(s)" )"  | rex field=_raw ", Integer=\[(?<Integer>\d+)\]" | rex "=\s+(?<seconds>[\d\.]+)" 
0 Karma
1 Solution

rjthibod
Champion

Replace the brackets with their HTML versions, < becomes &lt; and > becomes &gt;. Here is the segment of your example code that should be changed.

Integer=\[(?&lt;Integer&gt;\d+)\]" | rex "=\s+(?&lt;seconds&gt;[\d\.]+)

View solution in original post

rjthibod
Champion

Replace the brackets with their HTML versions, < becomes &lt; and > becomes &gt;. Here is the segment of your example code that should be changed.

Integer=\[(?&lt;Integer&gt;\d+)\]" | rex "=\s+(?&lt;seconds&gt;[\d\.]+)

lksridhar
Explorer

Thank you very much rjthibod for your quick response and my issue got resolved now.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Welcome to the Splunk Community!

(view in My Videos) We're so glad you're here! The Splunk Community is place to connect, learn, give back, and ...

Tech Talk | Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Splunk RUM & APM

Elevating Digital Service Excellence: The Synergy of Real User Monitoring and Application Performance ...

Adoption of RUM and APM at Splunk

Unleash the power of Splunk Observability   Watch Now In this can't miss Tech Talk! The Splunk Growth ...