Dashboards & Visualizations

How to Modify the Table rows?

andres91302
Communicator

Hello People, how Do I modify the order in which a table is showing the rows? I have no intent in ordering in terms of columns values or in alphabetical order, I rather want to have the rows shown in a organize format for example mi table looks like

DETAIL  TOTAL

A                458

B                  45

C                12

How can I have my table to look like this:

DETAIL  TOTAL

B                  45

A                458

C                12

These results come from a stats command .. I have even tried to change the order in the stats command but  that did not work

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you not include the Mall opening date in the stats command then remove the column?

| makeresults
| eval _raw="Store,Mall,Count
B,2001,2
A,2002,5
C,2003,7"
| multikv forceheader=1
| fields - _* linecount 

| stats sum(Count) as Count by Mall, Store
| fields - Mall

View solution in original post

andres91302
Communicator

Hello thanks, I want to organize the table tat I get from the stats command | stats count by DEPARTMENT in the order in which the shopping mall was built... I figured that if I add a number at the begining of the word I cound the organize the names of the deparment but my boss does not want that.. so my order does not hold "any logical" mean to splunk I just want a cartain deparment to be shown first that other in the table. thanks!

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Could you not include the Mall opening date in the stats command then remove the column?

| makeresults
| eval _raw="Store,Mall,Count
B,2001,2
A,2002,5
C,2003,7"
| multikv forceheader=1
| fields - _* linecount 

| stats sum(Count) as Count by Mall, Store
| fields - Mall

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

How do you want to "organize" the table if not by sorting? What criteria are you going to use to decide which comes first, second, etc?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...