Dashboards & Visualizations

RESOLVED - Create a chart from a converted number

marco_carolo
Path Finder

Hello there 😉

So, what I'm trying to do is the following.

I have inside the log all the slow queries.

I'm trying to create a chart to get from the timing of the slow queries, grouped by 10.

One bar counting the queries from 0 to 10 sec

the other from 10 to 20 and so on...

What I've done so far was that:

index="SUG" "slow query" | rex field=_raw "Slow Query (time: (?<OSY_timing>.*)s):" | eval OSY_new=round(tonumber(OSY_timing),-1) | stats count by OSY_new

Unfortunately, I'm not able to see any results inside OSY_new, where I should expect the values rounded by 10 (if I read the documentation correctly).

Any hint on how to do that?

Thanks.

P.s. I've the correct values inside OSY_timing

Labels (1)
0 Karma
1 Solution

marco_carolo
Path Finder

Tested and verified. The problem was the missing trim...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

marco_carolo
Path Finder

Resolved. The problem was in the name of the evaluated variable. Changed to something else solved the problem!

This works!

index="SUG" "slow query" | rex field=_raw "Slow Query (time: (?<OSY_timing>.*)s):" | eval VALORE = round(tonumber(trim(OSY_timing)),-1) | stats count by VALORE | sort VALORE

0 Karma

ITWhisperer
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The name shouldn't have mattered, it looks more like the trim inside the tonumber was effective.

0 Karma

marco_carolo
Path Finder

Tested and verified. The problem was the missing trim...

0 Karma

marco_carolo
Path Finder

Yep, true, tried with the underscore value inside the name and it works... Dunno what happened here...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Watch Now!   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to leverage ...

More Control Over Your Monitoring Costs with Archived Metrics!

What if there was a way you could keep all the metrics data you need while saving on storage costs?This is now ...

New in Observability Cloud - Explicit Bucket Histograms

Splunk introduces native support for histograms as a metric data type within Observability Cloud with Explicit ...