Dashboards & Visualizations

How do I set a selected value for the multidropdownview?

keithyap
Path Finder

I have 2 dashboards, an overview dashboard where I would drilldown to another dashboard with the multidropdownview. How do I set a selected value on the multidropdownview when drilling down from the overview dashboard? For normal form inputs I can just add the form."tokenName" and that would set the value for the input. Is there a way I can achieve this with multidropdownview?

0 Karma
1 Solution

lquinn
Contributor

Assuming this is a django dashboard, you can set the vlue forthe multidropdownview in javascript like this:

splunkjs.mvc.Components.getInstance("your-multi-dropdown-id").settings.set("default",["dropdownvalue"]);

View solution in original post

lquinn
Contributor

Assuming this is a django dashboard, you can set the vlue forthe multidropdownview in javascript like this:

splunkjs.mvc.Components.getInstance("your-multi-dropdown-id").settings.set("default",["dropdownvalue"]);
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | Forward, I’m heavy; backward, I’m not. What am I?

April 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

A Guide To Cloud Migration Success

As enterprises’ rapid expansion to the cloud continues, IT leaders are continuously looking for ways to focus ...

Join Us for Splunk University and Get Your Bootcamp Game On!

If you know, you know! Splunk University is the vibe this summer so register today for bootcamps galore ...