Dashboards & Visualizations

Earliest time not working in Web Framework

jbouch03
Path Finder

Hi,
I know that I'm probably missing something obvious here, but I'm trying to create several SingleViews in the Web Framework that Show a 24 hour, 30 Day, and an All Time count. However, when I run the page I see the same numbers for all of my sample data. I loaded the sample data into Splunk over a week ago, so at the very least the 24 hour value should be zero. I have posted my Javascript code below:

// Define the search managers and postprocess managers
 // Setup Main Search
    var searchmain = new SearchManager({
        id: "search-consoleError",
        search: "eventtype=consoleError",
        preview: true,
        cache: true
    });

// Setup 24 hour Post Process Manager
    var searchCount1 = new PostProcessManager({
        id: "search-count24h",
        managerid: "search-consoleError",
    earliest_time: "-24h@h",
    latest_time: "now",
        search: "| chart count"
    });

// Render the SingleView for 24 hour count
    sv24h = new SingleView({
        id: "sv24hCount",
        managerid: "search-count24h",
        underLabel: "Past 24 hours",
        el: $("#sv24hCount")
    }).render();

Again, I'm pretty sure I am missing something obvious, but my 24 hour search should read 0 since there hasn't been a record added in at least 48 hours. Instead it reads 7,000 which is the number of test logs I entered. When I run the same search though the search bar I receive a 0 for the last 24 hours.

Any help you guys can provide would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

0 Karma

lquinn
Contributor

Correct me if I'm wrong but I dont believe you can have different time ranges for a post process search and the main search. I have had this issue before and have solved it, either by separating the searches or if you want to keep it as a postprocess you could change your search to this:

var searchCount1 = new PostProcessManager({
         id: "search-count24h",
         managerid: "search-consoleError",
         search: '| chart count(eval(_time>relative_time(now(),"-24h")))'
     });
0 Karma

guilmxm
Influencer

Hi, I haven't played with JavaScript syntax to call searches within the Web framework, but i've done a lot of views using django stanza, perhaps should you give a try
Creating a searchmanager in django is much easier and short than JS

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...