Dashboards & Visualizations

Where can I find documentation related to splunkjs and its mvs.js JavaScript engine?

kikexclusive
Path Finder

Hi,

I'm trying to find the documentation for mvc.js. All I have found so far related to Django Bindings / Web Framework in Splunk is this:
http://docs.splunk.com/Documentation/WebFramework

But I need further Documentation related to splunkjs and its mvs.js JavaScript engine. For example, we have been having trouble when using the tokens in a complex way (more complex than any example given in the official dev guide).

I would appreciate any help on this.

Kind regards,

Enrique

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

A lot of SplunkJS is "found Knowledge", the examples are pretty basic. What specifically are you looking for? The link provided is the correct answer for documentation, but if you are more specific with an example and what is broken, we may be able to help you out.

0 Karma

kikexclusive
Path Finder

I need information regarding the constructors used by the mvc engine and information about the callable API functions that shall be used when using SplunkJS in the framework. Let me give you and example of the lost hours trying to reverse the code in order to find out that this callback was what we needed:

searchInit.on("search:done", function(state, job) {

This is a general example among all the "found knowledge" you are talking about 🙂 (other easiser examples are getInstance, .data...). Undoubtly, 95% of our knowledge around SplunkJS is "found knowledge". And that's why I'm asking if there is any API documentation that you can refer me to so I can take a look at the possible callback functions and constructors.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...