Dashboards & Visualizations

D3 Custom Chart Overlay - Graphic stays empty

Olli1919
Path Finder

Hello,

i also used the Splunk 6 Dashboard Examples and tried to recreate the view "Custom Chart Overlay" in my own app. I also get the table in the view, but both graphics ("Line+Bar Chart" and "with Auto-Discovery") are not rendered.

Here is what I did:
- Created a app with template "barebone"
- Copied the required files over
- custom_chart_overlay.xml
- ./appserver/static/custom_chart.js
- ./appserver/static/custom_chart.css
- ./appserver/static/autodiscover.js
- ./appserver/static/dashboard.js
- ./appserver/static/dashboard.css
- ./appserver/static/components/d3/*

When comparing the HTML source of the files, I see that the original panel also links to dashboard.css/.js, custom_chart.css/.js and autodiscover.js. But these do not show up in my new panel, even though these files are copied. Can someone please show me what I am missing here?

Thank and best regards,
Oliver

0 Karma
1 Solution

Olli1919
Path Finder

It seems the parser for the is case-agnostic. My app was named with large letters "TestAPP". Playing around with this tag and trying to link files from other apps worked. Trying to using cross-link but referencing the app itself also worked . Creating a new app with a lower case name on the filesystem "testapp2", having exactly the same files as the non-working "TestAPP" worked out fine - local .js and .css files are included as expected in the new app, graphs appear as intended.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Olli1919
Path Finder

It seems the parser for the is case-agnostic. My app was named with large letters "TestAPP". Playing around with this tag and trying to link files from other apps worked. Trying to using cross-link but referencing the app itself also worked . Creating a new app with a lower case name on the filesystem "testapp2", having exactly the same files as the non-working "TestAPP" worked out fine - local .js and .css files are included as expected in the new app, graphs appear as intended.

0 Karma

Olli1919
Path Finder

I just converted the SimpleXML view to a HTML view and edited the source to include the stylesheet and script links to the .css and .js files. This gave working graphs. So it's about those .js files, that are for some reason left out by the SimpleXML view.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...