Dashboards & Visualizations

Bar Graph/Timechart show multiple values for same field and remove whitespace from graph

tbrown
Path Finder

I have events which are transactions. I've extracted a field from these events which are the site they come from. Basically, I want to make a bar graph/timechart/chart that shows the duration of each of these transactions, separated by the site they come from. I don't want to use the avg() or sum() or max() options for a chart/timechart because I want every event to appear on the graph, I don't want to only show the max() for each site.

I've tried a timechart using "cont=false" but that didn't work because it still automatically grouped certain events together. I've tried "stats count by Site, duration", and while that works, it still shows the count bars on the graph, and I don't want that, and it also doesn't group them according to time (even if I use "| sort -_time")

Labels (4)
0 Karma

isoutamo
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Hi

something like this?

| makeresults
| eval _raw="site,tr,duration
A,a001,100
A,a002,10
B,b001,50
C,c001,25
B,b002,14
C,c002,22"
| multikv forceheader=1 
| rename COMMENT as "sample data generation"
| chart values(duration) as duration over site by tr

r. Ismo 

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...