Dashboards & Visualizations

Bar Chart Scale

hartfoml
Motivator

I have a search that is showing 18 results over 30 days. on the days that I find results I get either one or 2 count. Yet when I show this on a bar chart I get a scale across the bottom in _time and a scale along the side in tenths (.1,.2,.3) all the way to (1.9,2.0). I want the side scale to be only whole numbers and not tenths.

Tags (2)
1 Solution

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the chart view, open "Formatting options" then "Y-axis" and enter 0 in "Min value" and enter 3 (or higher) in "Max value".

However, if you put this into a dashboard, do "Edit Visualization" and in the "Y-axis" section you can enter a value for "Major unit" which you can use to enter "1" for whole numbers.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

View solution in original post

jtrucks
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

In the chart view, open "Formatting options" then "Y-axis" and enter 0 in "Min value" and enter 3 (or higher) in "Max value".

However, if you put this into a dashboard, do "Edit Visualization" and in the "Y-axis" section you can enter a value for "Major unit" which you can use to enter "1" for whole numbers.

--
Jesse Trucks
Minister of Magic

hartfoml
Motivator

Thanks this works

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...