Hi everyone, i have an xml data have this created date that look like this:
This is my props.conf file:
[mysourcetype] BREAK_ONLY_BEFORE =
NO_BINARY_CHECK = 1 SHOULD_LINEMERGE = true TIME_PREFIX=
So, the problem is at the search result page it doesn't display the timestamp that I wanted. Did i set the time prefix correctly?
Any help is appreciated.
What time does splunk extract from the example above? Something wildly different?
There will be two fields called
endtimepos that gives the boundaries/offset from where in an event that Splunk identified the timestamp. Make sure that you've hit the right timestamp.
If you can post a full event, it would be helpful, and also add information on the time Splunk thinks is right, and the values of
endtimepos for that event.
Also, you might need to tune MAX_TIMESTAMP_LOOKAHEAD and TIME_FORMAT (although this time format should be recognized without problem).
Post a full event. Mask any sensitive data as needed - but please post a full event.
Highlight the timestamp you want/need splunk to understand.
Obviously it does not parse the time properly. There will most likely be DateParserVerbose error messages in the splunkd.log file. Don't know if they will tell you why it didn't work to parse your timestamp, though.
Hi, thanks for responding. Splunk did not extract the time I've set, the time it display is the time that the xml data stream in.
The actual data is as such:
But when included this in my props.conf
It shorten data to:
without the "
This is my line breaking part of the props.conf