Community Blog
Get the latest updates on the Splunk Community, including member experiences, product education, events, and more!

Humans That Splunk: Meet Dustin Eastman

sensitive-thug
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Get to know the humans who help improve Splunk through their unique experiences, relationships, and voice!

"The Splunk community means a place of non-judgment, no question too big or too small. In this community, you can feel free to ask it all (Splunk-related, of course)."

When Dustin Eastman discovered the Splunk community a few years ago, he joined the Columbus, Ohio User Group and eventually stepped up to take the role of leader. He says it has provided a very focused, driven, and successful career path allowing him to expand his professional network exponentially.

dustin.jpg

"Splunk's culture of community and support boosted my courage enough to give my first ever professional conference presentation at .conf20."

Dustin describes the experience of attending .conf as "infectious" because of the energy in the room during keynotes, and loving the ability to meet other community members to discuss complex problems — and find solutions. Meeting Splunk users from all over the globe has brought the good fortune of making some long-time friends, too. Although we had to go virtual for .conf20, he was extra excited about the fact that all of the session recordings are available online forever.

"I appreciate the dedication and effort Splunk is putting into building and providing resources for the community. I look forward to helping grow the community in any way I can."

Splunk User Groups is a geo-based program connecting you with peers to learn the latest technologies and dive deep into all-things-Splunk together. As part of Global Splunk User Group Week (2/8-2/12), join meetings around the world in a rare opportunity to meet like-minded Splunk fans globally + win some dope prizes & swag!

Start here to find online events in your area, then explore meetings in other regions, too (like Dustin's Columbus, Ohio event). Visit this page to learn more and get the latest updates on all scheduled events!

— Michelle Schlachta, Community + Content at Splunk

Subscribe to the Humans That Splunk label (while signed in) to learn about other community members who are super-passionate about Splunk, and get notified when new stories are published.

Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

Splunk is officially part of Cisco

Revolutionizing how our customers build resilience across their entire digital footprint.   Splunk ...

Splunk APM & RUM | Planned Maintenance March 26 - March 28, 2024

There will be planned maintenance for Splunk APM and RUM between March 26, 2024 and March 28, 2024 as ...