All Apps and Add-ons

'module' object has no attribute 'check_output'

slice4e

I am getting the following error while trying to execute the indexing test:

[2013-05-21 14:48:46,236] IdxTestSetup: Splunk restarted successfully
[2013-05-21 14:48:46,237] IdxTestSetup: Adding file monitor for the static dataset to be indexed
[2013-05-21 14:48:46,240] IdxTestSetup: Waiting for indexing to finish
[2013-05-21 14:48:46,241] IdxTestSetup: Using datagen record - looking for 183729363 events in the splunkit_idxtest index
Added monitor of '/ssd1/splunkit/splunkit-server/data/static'.
[2013-05-21 14:49:16,270] IdxTestSetup: Exception - Terminating setup. Detail: 'module' object has no attribute 'check_output'

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
Martin

Tags (1)
0 Karma

ebailey
Communicator

I am getting the same error message with RHEL6.4. Do you really have to have python 7 installed? This is a tough requirement if you are using standard build of RHEL. Any ideas how to resolve the issue?

Ed

0 Karma

jbeyers_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

Hi Martin,

It appears your python version is out of date. As mentioned in the INSTALL & QUICKSTART files, the splunkit-server role requires python 2.7+.

Specifically, this error is being thrown due to the check_output function in the subprocess module that was introduced in Python 2.7: http://docs.python.org/2/library/subprocess.html#subprocess.check_output

Let me know if any issues arise after upgrading python.

Thanks!

-Jason

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...