All Apps and Add-ons

link_switcher.js doesn't work

clairebesson
Explorer

Hi everyone ! I am trying to create a menu with link switcher. I have tested the example of custom_link_switcher in Splunk 6.x. Dashboards Examples in my own dashboard. And it didn't work.
<dashboard script="link_switcher.js, autodiscover.js">

<row grouping="4">
    <html>
        <!-- Placeholder/container for the link switcher to appear -->
        <div class="link-switcher" data-items="link1,link2,link3">Select a view: <!--Links go here--></div>
    </html>
    <table id="link1">
        <title>Table</title>
        <searchString>index=_internal | stats count by sourcetype</searchString>
        <earliestTime>-24h</earliestTime>
    </table>
    <chart id="link2">
        <title>Chart</title>
        <searchString>index=_internal | stats count by sourcetype</searchString>
        <earliestTime>-24h</earliestTime>
    </chart>
    <map id="link3">
        <title>Map</title>
        <searchString>| inputlookup geomaps_data.csv | iplocation device_ip | geostats latfield=lat longfield=lon count by method</searchString>
        <earliestTime>0</earliestTime>
        <option name="mapping.map.center">(30.810646,-10.556976)</option>
        <option name="mapping.map.zoom">2</option>
    </map>
</row>

</dashboard>

I implemented this code and I had this dashboard :alt text

As you can see the 3 panels are in the dashboard and there is no link switcher.
Could you please help me with that ?
Thanks in advance.

0 Karma
1 Solution

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The autodiscover.js and link_switcher.js files need to be placed in $APP_HOME/appserver/static, where $APP_HOME is the name of the App your dashboard is located. Once they are in that folder, restart Splunk.

If you want to break all caches, click the button at: https://your_splunk/en-US/_bump.

View solution in original post

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

The autodiscover.js and link_switcher.js files need to be placed in $APP_HOME/appserver/static, where $APP_HOME is the name of the App your dashboard is located. Once they are in that folder, restart Splunk.

If you want to break all caches, click the button at: https://your_splunk/en-US/_bump.

clairebesson
Explorer

My dashboards are in the app "Search & Reporting" (folder name: search). I tried search/appserver/static but it didn't work : "Page not found"

0 Karma

alacercogitatus
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

"Page Not Found" --- what page? the dashboard? Can you paste the entire 404 error? from the developer console?

0 Karma

clairebesson
Explorer

that's good now thanks

0 Karma

jeffland
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Just to make sure, you did put the .js files in the right places, restarted your splunk and reloaded your browser page without cache (STRG-F5)?

0 Karma

clairebesson
Explorer

Thanks for your answer
The problem is that I don't know where I have to put the .js files with Splunk (I am a very beginner ! )

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...