All Apps and Add-ons

Windows Infrastructure App - AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '__version__'

evalente
Explorer

NO matter what I am seeing this error when navigating to the Windows Infrastructure 1.0.1 app with Splunk 6.0. Any idea?

2014-05-16 15:57:27,368 ERROR runwsgiserver:185 - Internal Server Error: /dj/en-us/splunk_app_windows_infrastructure
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\core\handlers\base.py", line 92, in get_response
response = middleware_method(request)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\middleware\locale.py", line 21, in process_request
check_path = self.is_language_prefix_patterns_used()
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\middleware\locale.py", line 56, in is_language_prefix_patterns_used
for url_pattern in get_resolver(None).url_patterns:
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\core\urlresolvers.py", line 347, in url_patterns
patterns = getattr(self.urlconf_module, "urlpatterns", self.urlconf_module)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\core\urlresolvers.py", line 342, in urlconf_module
self.urlconf_module = import_module(self.urlconf_name)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\utils\importlib.py", line 35, in import_module
__import
(name)
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc/apps/framework\server\urls.py", line 128, in
from splunkdj.utility import jsurls
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\etc/apps/framework\server\splunkdj\utility\jsurls.py", line 10, in
from django.utils import simplejson
File "C:\Program Files\Splunk\Python-2.7\Lib\site-packages\django\utils\simplejson.py", line 23, in
simplejson.
version.split('.') >= stdlib_json_version.split('.'))
AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute '
version_'

0 Karma

matts9929
Engager

I received the same error and was able to fix it by first installing the "Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows" app on my Indexer (http://apps.splunk.com/app/742/).

0 Karma

matts9929
Engager

Sure.

1. Installed the current Splunk for Windows Infrastructure app on my Splunk 6.0.3 indexer running on CentOS 6.

This caused an Django error preventing the app from writing to /opt/splunk/etc/apps/framework/server/static.

1. Changed the permissions of the static directory:

chmod 755 /opt/splunk/etc/apps/framework/server/static

I then received an "Internal Server Error" as described above.

1. I then installed the Splunk Add-on for Microsoft Windows on my CentOS Indexer. Rather than getting the Internal Server Error, I received the configuration tool.

Sorry this didn't work!

0 Karma

DonPromillo

In my case it does not solve the problem.
Can you explain in detail what you have done to fix it?

0 Karma

DonPromillo

Same problem here. CentOS 6.5; Splunk 6.1.2; Splunk Build 213098; splunkappwindows_infrastructure 1.0.2;

The messages appears if I try to open the app in the web interface via apps > Splunk App Windows Infrastructure

Thanks in advance and kind regards

0 Karma

nyit

Hi jbernt_splunk, Thanks for the message:

Splunk 6.1.1, Windows Server 2008R2, and Windows app is 1.0.2

0 Karma

jbernt_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

What OS? What version of Splunk? Which version of the App? Which log file are you seeing these errors in?

0 Karma

evalente
Explorer

Tried everything. Reinstalled 6.1, django, the app itself. No luck.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...