All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting error "Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/.../remedy_account" configuring the Splunk Add-on for BMC Remedy?

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

I am getting the following error while configuring the Remedy details in Splunk. Could you please help me how to configure this?

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Error while posting to url=/servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_remedy/remedy_input_setup/remedy_account/remedy_account

Remedy Server URL

https://remedy-x.y.com/arsys

AR System Server : hostname

username & password.

Thanks
Sasivarnan

0 Karma
1 Solution

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

This can be closed. I was able to configure now. There was firewall issue. once that has been corrected I am able to integrate it.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

This can be closed. I was able to configure now. There was firewall issue. once that has been corrected I am able to integrate it.

0 Karma

dkwa01
Engager

Hi Sasivarnan

Can you provide further details on the firewall you had to configure to enable this? We are having similar issue.

Thanks

0 Karma

sshelly_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

I would check the file system permissions on the app and it's config files. I have also had some success when getting permission style errors while configuring an app by doing the following:

Copy app.conf from $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/name_of_app/default to $SPLUNK_HOME/etc/apps/name_of_app/local
Edit the new file and find the line “is_configured
= false”; change it to be true, restart, and see if that helps

0 Karma

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

Hi , Now I am getting below error. Could you please help me how to solve this.

Encountered the following error while trying to update: Splunkd daemon is not responding: (u"Error connecting to /servicesNS/nobody/Splunk_TA_remedy/apps/local/Splunk_TA_remedy/setup: ('The read operation timed out',)",)
0 Karma

brad_thomas
Explorer

I'm currently seeing this same issue. Can you provide details on how you resolved it?

0 Karma

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

I am getting the same error still.

0 Karma

Sasivarnan1234
Explorer

Hi Maffreitas's ,

Thank you for your reply. It's 9.1.

0 Karma

maffreitas
Path Finder

What's the version of your BMC Remedy?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...