All Apps and Add-ons

Why am I getting an error when I try to validate an app in the Splunk Add-on Builder?

sawgata12345
Path Finder

Hi,
I created a Splunk Add-on and the extra bash and python files which I added to bin directory of the app directory is working fine when I run the Addon(Its collecting data and uploading to splunk nicely) but while i am trying to package and validate its throwing error:
"splunk there was a problem connecting to app certification service. the service might not be available at this time or you might need to verify your proxy settings"

I have the local splunk credentials admin/changeme.
Where is splunk looking for the validation ? should I provide some other credentials? is there any online service for app verification?

0 Karma
1 Solution

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is trying to reach an online service to validate your app. However, Splunk has discontinued the app certification service. You can ignore the error.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

View solution in original post

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Yes, it is trying to reach an online service to validate your app. However, Splunk has discontinued the app certification service. You can ignore the error.

---
0 Karma

sawgata12345
Path Finder

Oh,
so you mean even now I can download and share the Addon it should work fine in a splunk in a different location. This error won't make the Addon malfunction If i share it to other users?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Apps do not have to be certified to be shared. Your app will not display that error.

---
0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...