All Apps and Add-ons

The rest api add-on works in with version 1.5.3 but when I upgrade to 1.8.1 or 1.8.2 the data stops being ingested into splunk. any idea why?

jlstanley
Path Finder

I've got about 10 or 12 rest api inputs setup in the add-on that are all working fine with 1.5.3 but stop working whenever I upgrade the add-on to 1.8.X

is there anything I need to be changing to make it work? I'm on splunk 7.3.1 currently with RHEL7.4

Labels (2)
0 Karma
1 Solution

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will find that Splunk 7.3.x and 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 did not work, 1.8.3 fixes it
If you look at SplunkBase you will notice the baboon bones team removed 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 from the website...

View solution in original post

0 Karma

jlstanley
Path Finder

After updating to 1.8.3 it still didn't work right off the bat but I was able to finally see in the error log that I needed to copy the custom responsehandlers.py from the previous add-on to the new since it got overwritten. thank you

0 Karma

gjanders
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

You will find that Splunk 7.3.x and 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 did not work, 1.8.3 fixes it
If you look at SplunkBase you will notice the baboon bones team removed 1.8.1 and 1.8.2 from the website...

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...