All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for eStreamer

j_greg

Configured the eStreamer app in Splunk with no issues. Had to load one perl module then usage options presented themselves. Cert is copied over. Verified port open. I'm getting no logs from sourcefire. In addition, there is no log generated to see what is not working. Can I get direction to start troubleshooting this?

0 Karma

TobiasBoone
Communicator

We would love to see windows support for this app. At least if we could get the streamer to collect data on it we could manually ferret through the data.

0 Karma

cgrady_sf
Path Finder

What do the client status messages indicate? Have you enabled verbose logging on the client (done through Settings), to generate a log file in $APP_PATH/bin/estreamer_debug.log? Both of these can help with troubleshooting.

Make sure you're on the latest version (1.0.5) to be able to take advantage of the verbose logging and more detailed client status messages.

0 Karma

cgrady_sf
Path Finder

Actually, the problem is more than likely the fact that it's a Windows install. I have only ever done dev and testing against Unix platforms. I guess I need to update the app description to make this clear. I apologize for the trouble and time spent. I'll look into Windows support for future versions.

j_greg

Splunk is installed on D of a windows OS. I was able to add python path entries in the system variables pointing to it's location. When I run client_check.py, I now get event_sec=1394810177 status_id=-1 status="ERROR: The app has not yet been setup.

0 Karma

cgrady_sf
Path Finder

What is the client status message?

Keep in mind you will need to stop and restart the client every time setting changes are made. I know this isn't clear in the current version, but I'm trying to make it more clear in future versions.

0 Karma

j_greg

Thanks for responding. Verbose logging is set. There is no created log $APP_PATH/bin/estreamer_debug.log. I'm on 1.0.5.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

What's new in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312?

Hi Splunky people! We are excited to share the newest updates in Splunk Cloud Platform 9.1.2312! Analysts can ...

What’s New in Splunk Security Essentials 3.8.0?

Splunk Security Essentials (SSE) is an app that can amplify the power of your existing Splunk Cloud Platform, ...

Let’s Get You Certified – Vegas-Style at .conf24

Are you ready to level up your Splunk game? Then, let’s get you certified live at .conf24 – our annual user ...