All Apps and Add-ons

Cisco Secure eStreamer Client Add-On for Splunk

Solo69

Can anyone help in resolving this issue? Noticed eStreamer stopped sending syslogs logs via HF to Splunk SH (on prem) and I tried to run this search. The splunk version is 9.2.1

/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/splencore.sh status

Below was the message I got 

bash-4.2$ /opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/splencore.sh status
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "./estreamer/preflight.py", line 33, in <module>
import estreamer.crossprocesslogging
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/__init__.py", line 27, in <module>
from estreamer.connection import Connection
File "/opt/splunk/etc/apps/TA-eStreamer/bin/encore/estreamer/connection.py", line 23, in <module>
import ssl
File "/opt/splunk/lib/python3.7/ssl.py", line 98, in <module>
import _ssl # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
ImportError: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I upgraded the add-on from 5.1.9 to 5.2.9 and still got the same message. Is there a fix or should open a support case. Your suggestions are welcome

__PRESENT

__PRESENT

Labels (1)
0 Karma

deepakc
Builder

It states
ImportError: libssl.so.1.0.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

Try running sudo ldconfig

Running ldconfig after installing or removing shared libraries ensures that the system's dynamic linker can find and load the libraries correctly.

If that doesnt work check your permissions, check what changes if any were made on the splunk server running the TA, that may help, if that all fails then support call may be your option.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

New Articles from Academic Learning Partners, Help Expand Lantern’s Use Case Library, ...

Splunk Lantern is a Splunk customer success center that provides advice from Splunk experts on valuable data ...

Your Guide to SPL2 at .conf24!

So, you’re headed to .conf24? You’re in for a good time. Las Vegas weather is just *chef’s kiss* beautiful in ...

Get ready to show some Splunk Certification swagger at .conf24!

Dive into the deep end of data by earning a Splunk Certification at .conf24. We're enticing you again this ...