All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Exchange Evaluation

Hello Everyone,
While trying to evaluate Splunk and Splunk for Exchange I downloaded the Splunk enterprise version which claimed to have all the features available for 60 days.
Although while configuring the Exchange App I tried to access the "forward management" configuration and was presented with the following message:
"Forwarder management
This feature is not available with your installed set of licenses. "

Can someone clarify if this feature is really not available on the 60-days evaluation version and if there is any other way to evaluate Splunk for Exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Jackson

0 Karma

Motivator

There is a mention of paid license to use it in the overview section of the app on the Splunk base . However if it's mandatory to have a paid Splunk Enterprise license, is not clear from statement which [[ I quote from Splunk base app page ]] :

This app requires a paid license to use. The trial license lasts for 60 days.

"How do I get it" section of app documentation mentions about it being a paid download. So correlating both the piece of info it might suggest it is a paid app requiring its own license . Hence I think the error that you are receiving might also be due to app itself being paid rather than the Splunk trial license being an issue (or maybe both).

0 Karma

Hello gokadroid
Thank you very much for your reply.

I believe that the error that I'm getting is not related to the exchange App but to the Splunk Enterprise license since "forward management" is a configuration from Splunk and not from the App.
Any License experts around?

Thanks in advance,

Jackson

0 Karma