All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk for Exchange Evaluation

jakrainer

Hello Everyone,
While trying to evaluate Splunk and Splunk for Exchange I downloaded the Splunk enterprise version which claimed to have all the features available for 60 days.
Although while configuring the Exchange App I tried to access the "forward management" configuration and was presented with the following message:
"Forwarder management
This feature is not available with your installed set of licenses. "

Can someone clarify if this feature is really not available on the 60-days evaluation version and if there is any other way to evaluate Splunk for Exchange?

Thanks in advance,

Jackson

0 Karma

gokadroid
Motivator

There is a mention of paid license to use it in the overview section of the app on the Splunk base . However if it's mandatory to have a paid Splunk Enterprise license, is not clear from statement which [[ I quote from Splunk base app page ]] :

This app requires a paid license to use. The trial license lasts for 60 days.

"How do I get it" section of app documentation mentions about it being a paid download. So correlating both the piece of info it might suggest it is a paid app requiring its own license . Hence I think the error that you are receiving might also be due to app itself being paid rather than the Splunk trial license being an issue (or maybe both).

0 Karma

jakrainer

Hello gokadroid
Thank you very much for your reply.

I believe that the error that I'm getting is not related to the exchange App but to the Splunk Enterprise license since "forward management" is a configuration from Splunk and not from the App.
Any License experts around?

Thanks in advance,

Jackson

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Index This | I am a number, but when you add ‘G’ to me, I go away. What number am I?

March 2024 Edition Hayyy Splunk Education Enthusiasts and the Eternally Curious!  We’re back with another ...

What’s New in Splunk App for PCI Compliance 5.3.1?

The Splunk App for PCI Compliance allows customers to extend the power of their existing Splunk solution with ...

Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud

Register to join us !   In this Extending Observability Content to Splunk Cloud Tech Talk, you'll see how to ...