All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk apps returning blank screens

zebulajams
Explorer

Hey all,

Learning Splunk and I've tried to install a few apps to see how they work but none of them seem to be working. Currently running Splunk Enterprise 8.2.4 installed on Server 2019 and I've tried to install "RWI - Executive Dashboard" as well as "Splunk Dashboard Examples" When I open the "Examples" page of the latter, it is a completely blank white page. But the other three pages seem to work (Overview, Dashboards, Search).

As for the RWI Dasshboard, if I click the "Continue to app setup page", it also takes me to a blank white screen where I can't do anything.

I have tried Internet Explorer as well as Chrome for my browser and updated the server. Is there something simple I am missing to make apps work properly?

Thanks!

Labels (2)
0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Don't bother with IE as it doesn't work well with Splunk.  Chrome and Firefox are the better browsers to use.

Sometimes restarting Splunk will help with problems like that.

Check your browser's console to see if any errors are reported on those dashboard screens.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

zebulajams
Explorer

Thanks, Rich.

Looks like they're throwing a bunch of different errors depending on the app I try to run. The RWI one throws a "404 Not Found" and a "Uncaught Error: Script error for: ..."

The RWI Dashboard throws a bunch of "Uncaught (in promise) Error: Module name" or module name related errors.

I found this post where they changed the language in the URL but it looks like it's already pulling the correct en-US for me. Also tried:

splunk restart splunkweb

that was mentioned in that thread.

Any ideas?

0 Karma

richgalloway
SplunkTrust
SplunkTrust

Re-installing the app might fix the 404's.

The "Uncaught Error" messages sound like a bug.  Another possibility is you're system is missing a module.  Check the installation instructions.  Try contacting the developer (not applicable to RWI, which is unsupported).

splunkweb hasn't been a separate component for years.  Use splunk restart, instead.

---
If this reply helps you, Karma would be appreciated.

zebulajams
Explorer

I restarted Splunk at the start, removed the Dashboard Example app and restarted Splunk again. Followed the install instructions from Splunkbase itself and it still does not work. Also checked their FAQ section around the app and can't find an answer there or the problem itself relating to the app.

Oh well. I'll just start making my own dashboards via trial and error - best way to learn, right?

Maybe if I'm feeling motivated at some point in the future I'll create a case to their support asking why it doesn't work.

Thanks for your help again, Rich.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...