All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Support for Active Directory: Why am I getting "KeyError: u'attributes' " using ldapsearch command?

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Hi,

I have a problem using ldapsearch command. See the example below:

| ldapsearch domain="mydomain.com" scope=sub search="(objectClass=*)" attrs="cn"

The returned error is this it.

External search command 'ldapsearch' returned error code 1. Script output = " ERROR "KeyError at ""/opt/splunk/etc/apps/SA-ldapsearch/bin/ldapsearch.py"", line 100 : u'attributes'" "

Can anyone help? Please.

1 Solution

thomasandersen
Engager

Hi

Add basedn to your search.
|ldapsearch domain="default" basedn="ou=,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

View solution in original post

thomasandersen
Engager

Hi

Add basedn to your search.
|ldapsearch domain="default" basedn="ou=,dc=mydomain,dc=com"

kevin5even
Explorer

In the answer above, can someone comment on why the scope=sub searches with basedn="dc=mydomain,dc=com" do NOT work (with the error in the original post), while the same scope=sub searches do work when the basedn includes an OU (i.e. basedn="ou=example,dc=mydomain,dc=com").

Shouldn't the fact that scope=sub allow the first search to work?

Also, for note, the search does work on the older version of this app and other ldap tools...

ahall_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

It should work. The attribute error indicates that there is an attribute being asked for that isn't valid or you don't have permission to read. We're going to be releasing v2.0.1 shortly and this problem will be fixed at that point. Until then, I recommend downgrading to v1.1.13.

0 Karma

jean_tomaz
Explorer

Hi, Thomas Andersen

Thanks for your help.

I'm grateful.

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

.conf24 | Registration Open!

Hello, hello! I come bearing good news: Registration for .conf24 is now open!   conf is Splunk’s rad annual ...

ICYMI - Check out the latest releases of Splunk Edge Processor

Splunk is pleased to announce the latest enhancements to Splunk Edge Processor.  HEC Receiver authorization ...

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...