All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk Support for Active Directory: How do I populate a drop-down list with an ldapsearch?

dpanych
Communicator

I am trying to populate dropdown list with ldapsearch. I haven't used ldapsearch yet, so I'm having trouble getting started. First of all, how do I run a search to pull all names in (see screenshot) Domain > ABC > Servers? That list should include XYZ. The search I would like to know how to do is a list of objects inside Domain > ABC > Servers > XYZ > Prod. How can I accomplish this? First time build ldap search queries...
alt text

0 Karma
1 Solution

dolivasoh
Contributor

The docs are your friend

View solution in original post

0 Karma

dolivasoh
Contributor

The docs are your friend

0 Karma

dpanych
Communicator

I haven't built LDAP queries before, what would the syntax look like for the question? I'm assuming it would be in search=?

0 Karma

dolivasoh
Contributor

There are examples in the documentation

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Updated Team Landing Page in Splunk Observability

We’re making some changes to the team landing page in Splunk Observability, based on your feedback. The ...

New! Splunk Observability Search Enhancements for Splunk APM Services/Traces and ...

Regardless of where you are in Splunk Observability, you can search for relevant APM targets including service ...

Webinar Recap | Revolutionizing IT Operations: The Transformative Power of AI and ML ...

The Transformative Power of AI and ML in Enhancing Observability   In the realm of IT operations, the ...