All Apps and Add-ons

Splunk DB Connect: When trying to connect to MySQL, why am I receiving "jdbcUrlFormat is a mandatory parameter for the database connection" error message?

lucasbarbosa
Explorer

I'm trying to connect Splunk to MySQL. I've already downloaded "mysql-connector-java-5.1.40-bin" and put it in the directory. But the following error appeared, what can it be?

Error: jdbcUrlFormat is a mandatory parameter for the database connection.

In db_connection_types.conf it looks like this:

[mysql]
displayName = MySQL
serviceClass = com.splunk.dbx2.MySQLJDBC
jdbcUrlFormat = jdbc:mysql://<host>:<port>/<database>
jdbcUrlSSLFormat = jdbc:mysql://<host>:<port>/<database>?useSSL=true&requireSSL=true&verifyServerCertificate=false
jdbcDriverClass = com.mysql.jdbc.Driver
port = 3306
testQuery = SELECT 1
ui_default_catalog = $database$
0 Karma

aaraneta_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

@lucasbarbosa - Were you able to test out jcoates solution? Did it work? If yes, please don't forget to resolve this post by clicking on "Accept". If you still need more help, please provide a comment with some feedback. Thanks!

0 Karma

jcoates_splunk
Splunk Employee
Splunk Employee

because that's supported by default, I would expect it to work out of the box. Try rolling back any customizations?

0 Karma
Get Updates on the Splunk Community!

Introducing the 2024 SplunkTrust!

Hello, Splunk Community! We are beyond thrilled to announce our newest group of SplunkTrust members!  The ...

Introducing the 2024 Splunk MVPs!

We are excited to announce the 2024 cohort of the Splunk MVP program. Splunk MVPs are passionate members of ...

Splunk Custom Visualizations App End of Life

The Splunk Custom Visualizations apps End of Life for SimpleXML will reach end of support on Dec 21, 2024, ...